Portaspec® for Multi-Element Sequential Analysis
Portaspec WDXRF is capable of performing multi-element sequential analysis in the range of Ti to U and is ideal for measuring coating weights of both chrome and titanium pretreatment.
The Bench Top Portaspec is similar to the original Model 2501 Portaspec X-Ray Spectrograph. It contains a rotating goniometer that allows the user to analyze up to five elements, preset sequentially one at a time. The elemental range is from element #22 Titanium to element #92 Uranium. An easy load two-position sample holder is an integral part of the instrument configured for analyzing liquids, powders, solids and thin films. Samples are changed at the open end of the holder allowing a sample to be analyzed while one is being loaded.
The Portaspec is operated by a PC Touchscreen Notebook Computer, complete with Windows®-based preinstalled Software.
Other Bench Top Portaspec versions available are Fixed Channel Single Element, Dual Element and Multi-element for sequential analysis.
- Bragg Angle Range 13 to 98 degrees; Two Theta
- Analyzing Crystal Lithium Fluoride (200)
- Element Range Ka 22-47 (Ti to Ag)
- Element Range La 56-92 (Ba to U)
- Collimators 20 mil Divergent (Source)
- 10 mil Receiving (Detector)
- X-ray Source X-Ray Tube, Tungsten Target, Beryllium Window
- X-ray Tube Voltage 30 kV Constant Potential
- X-ray Tube Voltage Regulation plus/minus 1% for plus/minus 10% line voltage variation
- X-ray Tube Current 0 to 5 mA – Adjustable
- Detector Tube Sealed Proportional
- Detector Supply 2700 VDC Max. (Adjustable)
- Digital Scaler and Timer-Integrated Counting Range: 1 to 999,999
- Timer Range: 1 to 990 seconds
- Lamps X-Ray On
- Voltage Requirements 115 Volts AC, 50 or 60 Hertz 230 Volts AC, 50 or 60 Hertz
- Single Phase, 300 watts
- Line Regulation Required ± 5%
- Dimensions and Weight 18″ Long, 14″ Wide, 13″ High, 56 lbs.
- Electric Water Coolant and Circulator
- Windows®-based Touch-screen Notebook Computer
- PC Interface and Preinstalled Software