Electric Arc Button Remelt Furnace
The Electric Arc Button Remelt Furnace will melt alloys up to approximately 3500° F. The sample charge can be in the form of slugs, cuttings, drillings, powders, etc. A charge of 50 grams of steel will provide a sample of 1-1/4 inch diameter and approximately 1/4 inch thick. Its primary use is for the preparation of spectrographic samples and in alloy research.
General Questions? Contact 412-787-3600
- Most melting times 1 minute or less
- Violence of the arc provides mixing action
- Anodes available in Carbon Graphite and Tungsten
- Water cooled Copper Crucible tiltable for easy sample removal
- Power Source can be provided by customer